You Work in Corporate America in the 90’s If . . .
1. You’ve sat at the same desk for 4 years and worked for
three different companies.
2. Your company’s welcome sign is attached with Velcro.
3. Your resume is on a diskette in your pocket.
4. Your biggest loss from a system crash is that you lose
your best jokes.
5. You sit in a cubicle smaller than your bedroom closet.
6. Salaries of the members on the Executive Board are higher
than all the Third World countries’ annual budgets combined.
7. You think lunch is just a meeting to which you drive.
8. It’s dark when you drive to and from work.
9. You see a good looking person and know it is a visitor.
10. Free food left over from meetings is your main staple.
11. Weekends are those days your spouse makes you stay home.
12. Being sick is defined as can’t walk or you’re in the
13. You’re already late on the assignment you just got.
14. You work 200 hours for the $100 bonus check and
jubilantly say "Oh wow, thanks!"
15. Dilbert cartoons hang outside every cube.
16. Your boss' favorite lines are "when you get a few
minutes," "in your spare time", "when you're freed up" and "I
have an opportunity for you."
17. Vacation is something you roll over to next year or a
check you get every January.
18. Your relatives and family describe your job as "works
19. The only reason you recognize your kids is because their
pictures are hanging in your cube.
20. You read this entire list and understood it.